Saturday 6 August 2011
Initiatives pour la Gouvernance d’Internet en Côte d’Ivoire (IGICI) or Initiatives for Internet Governance in Côte d’Ivoire was created in August 2009 to serve as a framework for thinking and creating projects for the development of the Internet in Côte d’Ivoire.
IGICI missions are:
- Develop strategies and action plans on various issues of Internet governance, namely:
- resource management of Internet naming and addressing
- Cyber Security
- capacity building in various topics regarding the Internet
- Internet access
- the creation and development of local content
- Organize at least once a year a national meeting on Internet Governance, which is a framework for discussion and exchange every matter related to the Internet;
- Create and support initiatives related to Internet governance and/or understanding of the Internet in Côte d’Ivoire, Africa and all over the world;
- Oversee the management the projects implemented as part of an harmonious development of the Internet by the ATCI or any other structure involved in the Internet industry;
- Define and implement various projects of Internet governance.
IGICI is directed by a team led by President Mr. Djekou Abraham, ICT Advisor to the DG of ATCI ( www.atci.ci )
For more information, please visit the website: http://www.igici.ci/